You’ve just passed your real estate exam and are ready to start your new career. Here are 5 tips to help you launch.
1. Treat it like a Job. Go to work at 9 am (or whatever your designated “working hours” are) and start your day. Offer to help with what is needed. Dress and act professionally. Act “AS IF”. Sign up for uptime and be available when the phone rings. Start your marketing strategy with daily prospecting calls. Send out your postcards announcing your new profession to the neighborhood. Start handing out your business calls.
2. Follow a training Plan. Whatever your sales training is, do it the way it is laid out for you. Don’t get creative or skip corners. If your company does not provide a training program, use other resources to follow one. Make your car a traveling classroom. Shadow one of the more experienced realtors in the company. Offer to help them at an Open House or showing appointment. It is a great learning experience.
3. Join a Committee at the Board of Realtors. Become embedded in your professional board. Take advantage of what State and National Associations of Realtors has to offer. Treat other Realtors as your A+ customers. Go to events!
4. Volunteer on a Local Level. Become an integral part of your community. Southcoast- Serves (www.south-coast-serves.org) has many volunteer opportunities if you don’t have any favorites. There are many opportunities to help out in your community. Volunteer at school or sporting events. It will help you get noticed. Wear your company swag so people will be aware of your new profession.
5. Become Dedicated and Informed. Work toward certifications, Follow Real Estate News through sources like Inman News, Bloomsberg, and MAR and NAR. Get on their email news flashes.
Please contact us at Agent Rising with any questions you may have. We can help you jump start your career and get you noticed.
www.agentrising .com or call 508-997-8844